The Staff Ombuds Office is an independent department that provides strictly confidential, impartial and informal conflict resolution and problem-solving services for all Staff, Non-Senate Academics, and Faculty who perform management functions.
The Staff Ombuds Office is a safe place to voice and clarify concerns, understand conflict situations, and find effective ways to respond.
Services provided by the Staff Ombuds Office include:
- Conflict analysis
- Strategies to resolve and prevent disputes
- Identification of options and information
- Communication and conflict coaching
- Group facilitation
- Tailored trainings in conflict resolution
- Resource referrals
- Publishing annual reports
- Providing regular feedback to campus leaders regarding systemic issues