Common workplace concerns include respect and civility, work style differences, excessive stress, job/role clarity, general climate, management skills, and performance issues. For example, an employee may bring issues to the Staff Ombuds Office when the employee:
- Feels they have been treated rudely or excluded.
- Receives an email that feels insulting and isn’t sure how to respond.
- Feels micromanaged or, conversely, cannot get a manager’s attention on an issue.
- Feels an interaction with a coworker was “off” or something didn’t feel “quite right.”
- Is experiencing high levels of stress from a workplace conflict.
- Is unclear about their role.
- Is concerned about workplace gossip or bullying.
- Feels a manager doesn’t understand the employee’s job responsibilities or workload.
- Feels there has been a breach in trust.
- Wants to clarify performance standards.
- Wants help understanding the performance evaluation process or improving performance.
- Wants assistance interpreting or providing constructive feedback.
- Wants to improve communication with a colleague.
- Wants to practice approaches for initiating difficult conversations or facilitating tense team meetings.
- Wants advice on any other workplace situation . . .
Please call 510-642-7823 to learn more about services or to schedule an appointment. This call is confidential. Please note the Staff Ombuds Office does not accept email as it is not a confidential form of communication.