- Analyze workplace conflict and explore other perspectives
- Coach for effective communication to improve working relationships, increase equity and inclusion, and/or to remove barriers that stand in the way of reaching your full potential.
- Help explore and weigh your options
- Refer you to applicable policies, procedures, and resources.
- Mediate (facilitate confidential conversations) where employees share understanding and arrive at mutually agreeable solutions.
- Alert management or other campus resources to a concern.
- Be an ally to advocate for social justice, fair process and recommendations for systemic change.
Serve as a fact finder.
Advocate for individual results.
Direct you to take a particular action.
Determine whether there is a policy violation.
Force employees to mediate or take sides to ensure one employee gets what they want.
Hold employees accountable.
Make management adopt recommendations for systemic change.